University of Applied Sciences Hochschule Fulda is a modern, practice-oriented institution and is engaged in applied research. It offers a broad spectrum of academic and professional education, grounded in social and ecological responsibility. The Departments of Applied Computer Sciences, Business Administration, Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, Food Technology, Nutritional, Food and Consumer Sciences, Nursing and Health Sciences, Social and Cultural Studies and Social Studies teach numerous first-degree programs, graduate programs and other educational offerings in both German and English. All the study programs lead to an international bachelor’s or master’s degree, and all are based on the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS).
Many international students are enrolled at the University and this number is rapidly increasing, now comprising 10% of the student body. International students are especially attracted to international Master’s programs such as
• “Intercultural Communication and European Studies”, English and German, 4 Semesters; M.A., 47 of 79 students from abroad (2006)
• “International Management”, English and German; approximately a third of the courses are taught in English, either by visiting professors (U.S.A., Australia) or by German staff, 4 semesters, M.A.; Double degree (M.A./MBA) in cooperation with partner universities in U.S.A. and Australia possible, 59 of 113 students from abroad (2006)
• “EBusiness”, English and German; the first semester is taught entirely in English, 3 semesters, M.Sc., 13 of 53 students from abroad (2006)
• “International Food Business and Consumer Studies”, English, 4 semesters, M.Sc.; the programme is a joint venture of two German Universities: University of Kassel and University of Applied Sciences Hochschule Fulda (starts in October 2006)
• “Food Processing”, German and English, 3 semesters, M.Sc. (starts in October 2006)
The University offers short-time programs for international students especially from the U.S.A., the International Summer University (ISU) and the Global Studies Internship Program (Hessen Global).
The University has a pleasant campus, with attractive buildings grouped around a central plaza – University of Applied Sciences Hochschule Fulda is a university of short distances in every respect. One can walk to the city centre within 20 minutes.
The historic city of Fulda attracts visitors from around the world. A city of 63,000 inhabitants, Fulda boasts one of Germany’s most picturesque and charming old towns. Situated in the centre of Germany, Fulda enjoys ideal transport connections. Germany’s principal international airport, Frankfurt Rhine-Main, is just an hour away by car or train.